Publicado en 3C Tecnología. Edición Especial/Special Issue – Mayo/May 2021
Electronic devices require AC to DC converter (rectifier) to convert AC voltage from the grid to DC voltage for the electronics and its result is low power factor (PF) and harmonic current injection into the system. Nowadays, power factor correction (PFC) converters are being widely used which can achieve high power factor (PF) and reduce the harmonics caused during AC to DC conversion and buck PFC converter is one of mostly used converter. On the other hand, if this converter works with constant duty-cycle (CDC) control scheme, the overall losses are more and efficiency is less. In order to increase the efficiency of buck converter operating in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM), a variable duty-cycle (VDC) control scheme is proposed. The method of fitting VDC control scheme is given for making implementation of circuit simpler. The performance of buck converter is compared with CDC and VDC control scheme in terms of efficiency. For verifying the validity of proposed technique, the simulation results are carried out. The object of the research paper is to propose the control scheme to achieve high PF for DCM buck converter by only modulating the duty-cycle of buck switch.
Palabras claveVariable Duty-Cycle (VDC), Constant Duty-Cycle (CDC), Discontinuous Conduction Mode (DCM), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Duty-Cycle, Buck Converter.
- Deficiencies in the old buildings of the educational institutions in the district of Comas
- CRM Buck converter with high input power factor
- Urban green areas to improve the quality of life in the San Juan de Miraflores district
- Spherical fuzzy SWARA-MARCOS approach for green supplier selection
- OdorSense: measuring, assessment and alerting the health effects of odor pollution
- Machine learning model to predict the divorce of a married couple
- Modified variable on-time control scheme to realize high power factor for AC/DC integrated Buck-Boost converter
- Web conferencing software selection with interval-valued fuzzy parameterized intuitionistic fuzzy soft sets
- Blockchain enabled IoTs towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals