Publicado en 3C Tecnología. Edición Especial/Special Issue – Noviembre/November 2021
High Electron Mobility Transistors (HEMTs) are high frequency hetero-junction transistors used for various high-power applications like RF, radiation, space etc. AlGaN/GaN HEMTs form Two-Dimensional Electron Gas (2DEG) when subject to stress between the junction of a wide bandgap and low bandgap material. It is essential to evaluated the charge denstiy induced due to polarization present in the 2DEG area, so the subsequent number of electrons present in the quantum well can be evaluated. The polarization and the sheet carrier density profiles are investigated in the AlGaN/GaN hetero-structures with an InGaN back-barrier layer (AlGaN/GaN/InGaN hetero-structure). The impact of InGaN back-barrier on the polarization effects at the interfaces between AlGaN/GaN as well as GaN/InGaN are studied here. An effective 2DEG density is obtained at a peak value of 3.75 x 1013 cm-2. The graph is interpolated using linear interpolation. The carrier concentration and the density in the 2DEG region has a significantly enhanced value when compared with the conventional AlGaN/GaN HEMTs. The sheet carrier concentration of the proposed AlGaN/InGaN/GaN heterostructure attained 24% increase than the one achieved with the conventional AlGaN/GaN structure. The outcomes prove that this device could be potential candidate for microwave and power switching applications.
Palabras claveHEMT, AlGaN, GaN, InGaN, MATLAB, 2DEG, Polarization, Carrier concentration.
- Improved result of TSV and Slew aware 3D Gated Clock Tree Synthesis using charge recycling configuration
- Hybrid technique for improving underwater image
- An efficient Hybrid Active Power Filter (H-APF) for harmonic mitigation using compensation techniques
- IoT based vital signs monitoring system for human beings
- ADHAAR: A reliable Data Hiding techniques with (NNP2) Algorithmic Approach using X-ray images
- Identification of drivers drowsiness based on features extracted from EEG signal using SVM classifier
- A compact ultra-wide band patch antenna using defected ground structure
- Design of reconfigurable MEMS-PLL for high end turning circuits
- Energy efficient design of EHF-5G antennas with enhanced bandwidth for navigation satellite applications
- Encrypted fusion of face and iris biometrics