Publicado en 3C Empresa – Volume 12, Issue 1 (Ed. 51)
Sagar V. Wankhede
Magnesium is a biodegradable metal that has potential in orthopaedics. It has several advantages over other metallic materials because it is biocompatible and degradable now being used for biomedical applications, including elimination of stress shielding effects, enhancing degradation properties and enhancing biocompatibility concern in vivo, eliminating the second surgery for implant removal. Bioabsorbable magnesium (Mg) and related alloys have been limited in their usage because of its lower corrosion resistance. Surface alteration and functionality, in addition to basic alloying, is an important technique to deal with Mg and its alloys' reduced corrosion resistance. Magnesium's rapid depreciation however is a double-edged sword because it's critical to match bone renewal to material corrosion. As a result, calcium phosphate coatings have been proposed as a way to slow down corrosion. There are various possible calcium phosphate phases and their coating methods and can give a few distinct properties to various applications. Despite magnesium's lower melting point and greater reactivity, calcium phosphate coatings require precise settings to be effective. Because of their toxicity, non-biodegradability, and much higher cost, the recently used inorganic conversion coatings are less appealing and their application is limited. Conversion coatings are a viable alternative technology that is based on a cost- effective, environmentally friendly, and biodegradable organic component. Surface chelating functional groups in these compounds allow them to link with the magnesium/surface hydroxide layer while also providing anchoring groups for the polymer topcoat. Nanoreservoirs with multilayer inhibitors for active self-healing corrosion resistance thrive in this environment. This study examines the organic conversion coatings for Mg and its alloys in depth.
KeywordsMagnesium, Calcium phosphate coating, Conversion coating, Biodegradable, Biocompatible.
- The Influence of Using Sustainable Materials on Paving Cost of AL-Kut-Maysan Highway Using Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Reducing the costs of sustainable development in industrial companies (an applied study)
- Use the Value Chain Analysis to Improve the Quality of Health Service
- Upgrading The Environmental Properties Of Kirkuk Kerosene Using Glacial Acetic Acid
- Experimental And Theoretical Investigation Of Single Slope Solar Still Coupled With Etc With Stainless-Steel Reflector With Central V-Groove
- An Experimental Study On Friction Stir Welding Of Aluminum-Magnesium Alloys For Improved Mechanical Properties Of Tailor Welded Blanks
- Water – food and energy nexus systems: analysis integrated policy making tool
- Forecasting Performance In Iraqi Stock Exchange For The Oil Price Throw The GM (1,2) Model And The Impacts On Economic Growth
- Antibacterial activity of some plants extracts against proteus mirabilis bacteria
- Serum levels of ifn-γ, complement component c3 c4 and vitamin d3 in the prognosis of patients with alopecia areata prospective teachers